Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry it has taken so long to update my blog. Life at camp is seriously hectic. The campers get up at 7 am and don't go to bed from anywhere from 9:30-11:00 depending on the age group you have. So it is constant go, go, go until rest hour after lunch when we all pass out in our beds from exhaustion. The first week and a half of training was good, and all the staff got really close. The first week of camp also went as well as could be expected, we still have some kinks to iron out though. At the end of the week, all our girls cried when they had to go home, so I guess that means that overall, we had a successful week and the children felt loved. We had a day off in between sessions last Monday, but I was feeling crummy so I just hung around camp. Then Thursday(Camper Arrival Day), I was put on isolation in my cabin because my stomach was hurting really bad and I had no appetite. After resting a while, I decided to go up to The Patch (our Medical Building) and get checked out by a doctor. They sent me to an Urgent Care place about 30 minutes away from camp because they couldn't diagnosis me here and then Urgent Care sent me to the ER because they were afraid I had appendicitis. After being at Urgent Care all night and driving another 30 minutes to the hospital with one of the nurses from camp, I finally got to the ER at about 11:30. I spend the rest of the night in the ER and then got taken to surgery at around 6:30 in the morning to get my appendix out. The nurses from camp were awesome and took turns staying with me until they finally discharged me from the hospital Sunday afternoon. It was a long few days, and I was still sore for a few days after getting released from the hospital, but I'm feeling much better now.

I am also very excited about next Thursday, because I'm flying home on the 3rd for the 4th of July. I can't wait to see all my friends and family back in GA!


MO said...

we can't wait to see you too!

L said...

We cannot wait either!

Libby and the girls

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are doing well and having fun!

Are you going to be at camp for your b-day (so I know where to send the card)?

Miss you!

auntie rolley